Eve Online Create Courier ContractRomuald Franck - MSc, Scrum Master
EVE Online is a massively multiplayer online game, where players take on the role of spaceship pilots exploring the vast galaxy. One of the most important aspects of the game is the economy – players can mine, manufacture, trade, and transport goods. Transporting goods can be a risky business, with players needing to protect their cargo from pirate attacks. However, there is a way to minimize the risk and make some decent profits – by creating courier contracts.
What are courier contracts?
Courier contracts are agreements between players to transport goods from one location to another. The person who creates the contract specifies the pick-up location, the destination, the type and quantity of goods to be transported, and the reward for completing the contract. Other players can then accept the contract and attempt to complete it. Once the contract is completed, the reward is paid to the successful contractor.
How to create a courier contract in EVE Online?
Creating a courier contract is easy and straightforward. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Open the contracts window – this can be accessed by clicking on the Neocom menu icon (the three lines in the upper left corner of the screen) and selecting Contracts.
2. Select the Create Contract tab – this is located at the top of the window, next to the Search tab.
3. Set the contract details – on the Create Contract window, you will need to specify the pick-up location, the destination, the type and quantity of goods to be transported, and the reward for completing the contract. You can also set other options, such as requiring collateral from the contractor to ensure the safety of the goods.
4. Review and create the contract – once you have entered all the necessary information, review the contract details to make sure everything is correct. Then click the Create Contract button to finalize the contract and make it available for other players to accept.
Tips for creating successful courier contracts
Here are some tips to keep in mind when creating courier contracts in EVE Online:
1. Set the reward at a reasonable level – if the reward is too low, no one will accept the contract. If it is too high, you may end up losing money. A good rule of thumb is to offer a reward that is slightly more than the market value of the goods being transported.
2. Be clear and detailed in the contract description – make sure you specify the pick-up and destination locations accurately, as well as the type and quantity of goods being transported. This will help contractors assess whether they have the capabilities to complete the contract.
3. Consider setting collateral requirements – if you are transporting high-value goods, it may be a good idea to require the contractor to provide collateral as a guarantee of their commitment to delivering the goods safely. However, make sure the collateral amount is reasonable and not too high.
4. Monitor the contract progress – once a contractor has accepted your contract, keep an eye on its progress. You can track it using the contracts window and even send messages to the contractor to check on their progress.
In conclusion, creating courier contracts can be a lucrative way to transport goods in EVE Online. By following these tips, you can create successful contracts that attract reliable contractors and minimize the risk of losing your goods to pirate attacks. Happy trading!